SNAP4 Business Model
Snap4City platform is 100% open source, licence free. see github/disit and details are from page https://www.snap4city.org/577
The Snap4City platform is a commodity:
- installation of the platform on your premise, or on your indicated public/private cloud, via docker compose typically oand/or VM.
operating smart city as a service (see also EOSC https://www.snap4city.org/503 market place in which Snap4City is listed): hosting data, providing services, etc. and the above points integrated. Maintenance of an installed Snap4City solution, on our cloud, on any cloud, on your premise.
- This service may implies to set up a team dedicated for your trial on the Snap4City.org infrastructure;
- The operation can be from our cloud, from some public cloud.
- There are a number of companies or institutions in Europe, and out of Europe that offer Snap4City platform as Smart City as a Service.
- Any installation of the platform can be rebranded but it has to report in the main web page and main tools Powered By Snap4Tech logo and statement https://www.snap4city.org/296
- please request this service to the companies or instititutions that have supported you in the Snap4City installation
- We can provide second level maintenance to your personnel that have taken in charge the management of an installation of Snap4City tools.
help desk support on all the aspects over an exceding amount of hours that are free of charge;
workshops with stakeholders for needs identification, requirements, scenarios, etc., according to https://www.snap4city.org/download/video/course/sys/
setting up the smart city using Snap4City technology: data discoverying and aggregation, data identification, living lab set up, living lab management and workshops, data agreement establishing with your stakeholders, GDPR, identification of the most promising use cases for innovation, technical aspects of smart city design, and of the infrastructure, technical integration with your legacy solutions and infrastructures, etc.;
Please note that DISIT Lab has generated SNAP4 S.R.L. official spinoff of the University of Florence:
- developing on Snap4City platforms: see development life cycle https://www.snap4city.org/download/video/Snap4Tech-Development-Life-Cycle.pdf
data ingestion and data transformation processes on Snap4City platforms via IoT App or Python
data analytics over those that are freely provided, and/or setting up data analytics that need customization on your context. For example, the development and/or the set up of traffic flow reconstruction solution in your city and/or area, the predictions on NOX based on GRAL, etc.;
- Dashboards, business intelligence tools, visual analytics tools and thus of Verticals on Demand
- Custom Web app and Verticals
Mobile Apps, tools and applications; or new modules in our Apps of the "xxx in a Snap" series;
SnapBot Telegram bot attached to your solution based on Snap4City technology;
IOT Devices with requested sensors and actuators;
- training your operative personnel, https://www.snap4city.org/577
Training for Basic Developers of Dashboards and IoT App, for data ingestion, processes construction, solution development, etc.
Training for Data Analytics Developers in connection to IoT App
Training for Advanced Developers, for developing complete verticals, Business Intelligence tools, dashboards with business logic, etc.
Training on the job for Snap4City Platform Administrators, only for those that installed or are installing a Snap4City platform
Short Overview is usually offered depending on availability.
- Typically courses are offered online, they may include some videos an interactive sections. Courses on presence have to be longher than 2-3 days and have to be negotiated.
customization of the snap4city platform, modules, tools, and plugins; that in principle will be released open source (or of your ownership depending of your preferences), with changes on the code that will be released open source according to the licence model of the customized tool;
hackathons: organization, management and coworking sections for your stakeholders; In certain cases, this activity is performed in collaboration, so that no fee is required to be paid, while negotiation has to be performed.
The fact that you you are going to develop or you have developed some solution or artefact in Snap4City (which is 100% open source) does not imply that the artefacts nor your smart solutions are open source as well. They are 100% under your control, and you can decide how to licensing them, which kind of licence to impose on them. This also implies that Snap4City has no rights on what you have developed using Snap4City development tools, neither on any other installation of Snap4City or Snap4Tech solution installed by third party. In fact, it is totally equivalent of developing a program with an open source tool. If you develop a database with MariaDB, the tables and queries are not open source, if you develop something on NIFI Apache which is open source, your flow is not open source, etc.
See also Snap4City on EOSC as:
Snap4City (https://www.snap4city.org) provides a flexible method and solution to quickly create a large range of smart city applications exploiting heterogeneous data, performing data analytics, and enabling services for stakeholders by IOT/IOE, data analytics and big data technologies. Snap4City applications may exploit multiple paradigms as data driven, stream and batch processing, putting co-creation tools in the hands of: (i) Smart Living Lab users and developers a plethora of solutions to develop applications without vendor lock-in nor technology lock-in, (ii) final users customizable / flexible mobile Apps and tools, (iii) city operators and decision makers specialized / sophisticated city dashboards and IOT/IOE applications for city status monitoring, control and decision support.
Snap4City is for organizations/communities interested in Smart City and IOT, which would like to perform experiments on smart city data, that you can upload or reuse from those available, for research purpose and validation.Features for the organizations that subscribe the service will have a number of users to:
- Access at large collection of data coming from different cities.
- Exploit a set of tools for uploading and integrating new data, and performing data analytic.
- Comparing results obtained with those of different cities.
- Sharing data transformation and data analytics with other users in the same or different organizations.
- Access to a large set of training test cases, tutorial, video and examples.
- Search and discovering smart city data on the basis of entity relationships, temporal and spatial, semantic search.
- Access to Advanced Smart city API, also in the form of MicroServices in Node-RED.
- Control entity type access with GDPR compliant mechanisms.
- Upload on the system new data sets up to 30Gbyte.
- Authorize a number of final users for the organization.
Places and languages
Please note that developing solutions on Snap4City implies to create your artefacts and smart solutions, decision support systems, etc., in fully control of your Intellectually Property and not open source. They are composed by:
- Data Models, IoT Device Models, etc.
- IOT APP, with business logic
- Data Analytics, in RStudio or Python
- Dashboards with client side business logic